Thursday, June 04, 2009
Is It The End?
When do you say enough is enough, that the so-called friendship is over?
I am very particular about friendship. I may not be the best, but, I really don't like it when friends show any hint of betrayal or 'plasticity' (if there's such a word).
It's funny that I have to double-check myself if I'm being 'mababaw', or overly sensitive, or really paranoid, before I decide to call it quits.
It's hard for me to trust other people. But, when I start trusting, more often than not, I'll open up myself to the selected few. As in. Though I've expected the same from them, it goes without saying that other people's trust in me is something almost sacred to me.
Is it wrong for me to expect from my so-called friends their 'authenticity', loyalty, honesty, and understanding? Why can't I when I myself have committed to give/show them these traits. Maybe it's really wrong especially when we're often told that real love should be unconditional, not only applying to romantic love, but to any kind. Forgive me if I've been wrong there.
Let me ask you now, is it wrong for me to get hurt? Even for just some trivial things? I may be really sensitive, but I must say that I've grown up somehow. Still growing up, in fact. I've tried not to be overly sensitive but, there are times I cannot ignore my feelings anymore.
Right now, I treasure more those friends who are really being real and true to me, at my face AND behind my back. For this, I wanna send my sincerest gratitude for I just realized how it means a lot to me. Like I've mentioned earlier, I may not be the best friend you have, but, I am assuring you of the trust you're giving me which is surely not being wasted and taken for granted.
For those who don't care enough, I'm sad for the loss. But I have to move on...with my REAL friends around.
I am very particular about friendship. I may not be the best, but, I really don't like it when friends show any hint of betrayal or 'plasticity' (if there's such a word).
It's funny that I have to double-check myself if I'm being 'mababaw', or overly sensitive, or really paranoid, before I decide to call it quits.
It's hard for me to trust other people. But, when I start trusting, more often than not, I'll open up myself to the selected few. As in. Though I've expected the same from them, it goes without saying that other people's trust in me is something almost sacred to me.
Is it wrong for me to expect from my so-called friends their 'authenticity', loyalty, honesty, and understanding? Why can't I when I myself have committed to give/show them these traits. Maybe it's really wrong especially when we're often told that real love should be unconditional, not only applying to romantic love, but to any kind. Forgive me if I've been wrong there.
Let me ask you now, is it wrong for me to get hurt? Even for just some trivial things? I may be really sensitive, but I must say that I've grown up somehow. Still growing up, in fact. I've tried not to be overly sensitive but, there are times I cannot ignore my feelings anymore.
Right now, I treasure more those friends who are really being real and true to me, at my face AND behind my back. For this, I wanna send my sincerest gratitude for I just realized how it means a lot to me. Like I've mentioned earlier, I may not be the best friend you have, but, I am assuring you of the trust you're giving me which is surely not being wasted and taken for granted.
For those who don't care enough, I'm sad for the loss. But I have to move on...with my REAL friends around.
Comments:
<< Home
move on. that's the spirit!
"Get rid of anything that is NOT useful, beautiful or joyful."
don't let them hinder your growth.
you're one friend to be treasured, mitch. you're not perfect, but who is?
we are all a work in progress.
wabshu. >:D<
Post a Comment
"Get rid of anything that is NOT useful, beautiful or joyful."
don't let them hinder your growth.
you're one friend to be treasured, mitch. you're not perfect, but who is?
we are all a work in progress.
wabshu. >:D<
<< Home
