Friday, November 23, 2007

I've tried to be good, but, I'm still mean

I got an offline YM msg from someone who needed my help. It was from someone who've hurt me so deep in the past. I got to help that person. Thinking it's a good deed. But, a naughty and mean thought have crossed my mind. I told a few friends that right after doing the good deed, I dared to think of asking the Lord this: "Father, ayan ha, masakit para sa akin pero nagbigay ako, dapat maganda kapalit nito." The nerve of this sinner, di ba?! :(

Before even giving in helping this person, I was thinking of declining/rejecting because of the past events. But, I'd say, my conscience didn't allow me to do so. My conscience had beaten my pride and for the nth time helped this "poor" soul. I could only pray "God help us both".

It's supposed to be Thanksgiving day in the U.S. I have decided to overlook this "eating-my-pride" event of the day and ended it by giving my aunt her late bday/early Christmas gift. Something which I've loaned from our COOP. Something I thought she would like and enjoy having. She got to see it this morning and she, indeed, was thankful for it.

For one day, I've given so much twice. One, against my will (well, it's seemed like it, right?), another one, as an act of gratitude.

I can only hope and pray that this person who would only think of me whenever there's a problem, would be conscientious (spell check, pls!) enough not to hurt me again. :(

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?