Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Dengue

It's been a year now since I had dengue.

My cousin got it first and was hospitalized for a few days. Then I had very high fever one night. It's something that I won't forget 'coz I was really chilling and at the same time felt the heat that's creeping into my whole body. At first, I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep so I just talked to myself and to whoever I thought of. The following days, I still had fever and also noticed some rashes in my body. We, including my uncle who's a doctor (an anaesthesiologist), thought that I was having the signs of measles. But, after I had myself checked up in the Medical City hospital, I was diagnosed with dengue.

Fortunately, my case of dengue was not that alarming and I wasn't required to stay in the hospital, but, I was confined here at home for two weeks. Needless to say, I used up all of my sick leaves.

Two weeks staying at home, mostly in my room so as to avoid infecting anyone here at home, I can barely remember what I did during those times. LOL. I think my mobile phone bill got very high at that time! LOL Well, I made a regular trip to the hospital by taking cabs. Good thing the hospital's basically just five minutes away from our house so the cab fares were cheaper. But, unfortunately, I had to travel alone for I didn't wanna disturb anyone in their daily routine. I can remember the Reader's Digests being my company while waiting in my doctor's clinic. I learned to get there really early 'coz the waiting line got so long. I was also amused to know some of the ins and outs of the new hospital for I had to go to different sections/offices. c",)

Lately, numerous cases of dengue nationwide were in the news. I was told that being a dengue victim myself, I'm now prone to having it again. Sad reality that's why I now have to be really careful.

But, it's a really nice feeling when you're being taken cared of by your love ones. c",) For that reason alone, I'm willing to get sick again. Hehehe (knock on wood)...How selfish, noh?

Comments:
shet mitch, alam mo just the other night, pinaguusapan namin ang dengue outbreak dito sa valenzuela tapos napanaginipan ko na i had a very bad case daw of dengue, nagising ako tapos i cried. what if di ba? parang natakot ako talaga. hanggang nakatulugan ko na ulit hehehe
 
honestly, nakakatakot talaga. buti na lang yung kaso ko, di ko kailangang ma-ospital...pero habang nakaratay ako sa kama, kung anu-ano na naiiisip ko...

eh praning pa naman ako!!! hehehehe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?