Tuesday, May 10, 2005

mother's day

Mother's Day 2005 was celebrated two days ago.

For those who don't know yet, my mother died when I was two years old because of an illness. I'm ashamed to admit that I can't recall any memories of her and that I just saw a few pictures. When I was still a kid, my relatives would tell me that I looked a lot like her. It wouldn't affect me much then. It's like I didn't even know what my reaction should be, so most of the time, I just nodded and smiled. I wasn't even sure if I should be happy about it. Sound so mean, right? Well, what can I say? That's what really happened everytime and what I felt.

I'm the youngest of three siblings and we all grew up under the care of my beloved grandmother (my father's mother). Her's the only thing I knew of and I had already considered her as my official mom ever since I can remember.

It wasn't easy. Can't help but compare what I had with my friends', and I'm not referring to the material things.
My "lola" died in 1993 when I was about to finish my freshman year in college. Eight months after, my father followed her. A devastating year for me. It stopped hurting me now but it still saddens me once in a while.

I got two new "moms", in the persons of my two aunts (one in Marikina where I grew up and one in Quezon City where I'm staying now). It's still a different feeling for me but I know they're there for me.

Have you ever met someone with four moms? Now you have. c",)

***************************************************************************

The reason why I posted this is I want you to understand where I came from, where I was coming from, and hopefully for you to understand why I sometimes act out of the ordinary. This is not an excuse though. I just want you to know this part of my life. I'm sure I'll get different reactions from everyone who'll be able to read this and I'll try to welcome them all. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. c",)

Comments:
hi mitch... teka.. ita-tag kita sa link na gusto ko makita mo.. ;)
 
ok....medyo ni-re-read pa, eh....anu kaya yun?
 
ei mitch, so 1993 was your "hell" year. greatest fear ko ang mawala ang mama ko since she's the only one i have now. swerte din tayo that we have good relatives.

i think THEY raised you well :)
 
yup...1993's so far, my worst year...sana lang yun na lang...

uhmmm...medyo la akong masabi sa last part ng msg mo...hihihihihi...

(nagba-blush yata ako...hahahaha)..

eto na lang...thanks for thinking that way...hehehe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?